- systems integration
- software development
© Berger Custom Software Ltd. 2017
- IAA. Used IBM's Insurance Application Architecture for analysis and design of business processes, business activities and services.
- HL7. Used HL7 messages for analysis and design of electronic claims payment processes. Integrated from web services to legacy mainframe claims payment system.
- Securities Trading. Senior systems analyst on a team implementing a Securities front office for seven companies, with four different back office accounting systems and multiple custodian banks.
- Securities Administration. Analyzed requirements and prepared specifications and estimates for automating the production of fund investment policy statements.
- Lease management. Senior analyst for the securitization module of a lease management system. The system included integration with G/L, and contra accounting systems.
- Pawn Shop inventory/customer database. Built a complete system to manage inventory, track product serial numbers and locations, and manage customers.
- Led the project to implement SecurePerfect. Supported the transition to production process. Project included printing new proximity card photo badges, and integration of proximity card readers and barcode scanners.
- Helped integrate Atex Media Command’s Matrix system into CanWest Global’s internal database systems.
- Designed and executed tests to ensure proper loading of a data warehouse. The project enabled the Canadian Wheat Board to track the cost of sales to the sales contract level.
- Integrated a comprehensive third-party agronomy system into core internal systems and processes. The project included creating procedures to automate the flow of sales orders between the systems, and to synchronize customer, facility, product and pricing information. The project also included specifying the technical architecture, such as hardware, operating system software and database software, and included creating and managing the project plan. It also involved coordinating efforts between the vendor, technical support, database administrators. The project was completed successfully and on time, as constrained by a merger of the information systems two major companies.
- Designed and built portions of a major system for the distribution and inventory management of farm supplies. This system included significant integration with accounting system for cost analysis. It also included internal order processing for maintaining farm product inventory, such as fertilizer and chemicals. In a recent merger, this system replaced a predecessor SAP implementation.
- Analyzed requirements to maintain grower information, test management, and crop quality control.
- Analyzed, designed and programmed enhancements to a fertilizer blending system, which incorporated manufacturing and inventory aspects
- Supported agricultural database marketing targeted at grain, dairy, beef and swine producers
- Justice - Senior Analyst/Designer working with Prosecutions to develop a system to capture Courts disposition information for notifying victims of crime under the Victim’s Bill of Rights.
- Justice - Designed and built letter notification module for Victim’s Bill of Rights.
- Drug Program Audit. Senior designer/developer of a system to audit income information for a provincial drug program.
- Animal services. Completed development of an Animal Services Information System.
- Business Licensing. Senior analyst, designer and lead developer of a Business Licensing system.
- Bicycle recovery and registration. Completed development and maintained a Bicycle Registration system.
- Organizations and establishments. Designed and developed a system to track Air Force personnel and their occupations, for career management. This system was used by a personnel/HR organization in Air Command.
- Student loan information. Senior developer on a Student Loan system.
- Analyzed enhancements to a Clinical Scheduling system, and led the development team to implement them.
- Cancer treatment management. Developed modules of a comprehensive Oncology Management system. The system included patient information, treatment plan management, and tracking test results which provided feedback to the treatment plans.
- Solid wood inventory and sales. Senior Programmer/Analyst completing development and implementation of a Solid Wood Inventory and Sales System. The system included sales quotations, order management, and shipment management, as well as multi-location inventory tracking. The system had a significant EDI component.
- Forest management. Senior Analyst determining fits and gaps between a forest management system and customer requirements. Participated in joint discovery sessions and analysis sessions, prepared analysis reports, and prepared detailed implementation proposals.
- Maintained customer databases. Analyzed needs for new customer marketing programs, and designed databases and queries to fulfill those needs.
- Performed mass address verification and cleanup
- Created targeted marketing queries and lists
- Redesigned a comprehensive contact management/estimate system
- Prepared an IT strategy document to plan for the expansion of a roofing company into other markets. This strategy focused on leveraging the existing strengths of a custom system.
- Forest products, integrated with inventory management and sales.
- Farm chemicals, integrated with inventory, distribution, and accounting.
- Fertilizer blending, integrated with inventory.
- Membership/volunteer tracking. Built a system to maintain names and addresses of members and print mailing labels.